A truly new idea when it comes to birthing pools, La Bassine was designed by a mum to create a cosy and soothing birth atmosphere like no other birthing pool has before.
Uniting stylishness, cosiness and discretion, along with with optimal practicality, it has soon become the best-selling birthing pool around the world.
La Bassine is endorsed all over the world by hospitals and midwives for its real-world practical features, along with lead, cadmium and phthalates free material, and above all its unique cocoon like design.
The birthing pool, and its optional cover has been designed for your comfort and to help you to have a natural, active birth. We want you to enjoy using your birthing pool and other gear. Therefore, it’s important that you read the following before committing to one.
Benefits for the Mother:
- Warm water is calming, reassuring, soothing.
- In the later stages of labour, the water has demonstrated an increase the woman’s energy.
- The effect of buoyancy diminishes a mother’s body weight, permitting free movement and new positioning.
- Buoyancy encourages more effective uterine contractions and enhanced blood circulation resulting in better oxygenation of the uterine muscles, less discomfort for the mother, and more oxygen for the baby too.
- Dunking yourself in the lovely warm water often helps lower high blood pressure caused by anxiety as well.
- The water seems to diminish stress-related hormones, permitting the mother’s body to generate endorphins which serve as a natural pain killer.
- Water causes the perineum to become more flexible and relaxed, decreasing the occurrence and severity of tearing and the need for an episiotomy and stitches.
- As the labouring woman really relaxes, she is able to relax mentally too, with a greater capacity to focus on the birth.
- Since the water delivers a greater sense of privacy, it can lessen inhibitions, worry, and worries.
Benefits for baby:
- The birthing pool provides an atmosphere similar to the what the womb has been giving for the past 9 months.
- Eases the stress of birth, thus increasing comfort and the sense of security.
Our birthing pools consist of a heat-retaining pool cover too, with every pool at no extra cost to you. The cover will maintain the water temperature in your pool, by significantly reducing heat loss, therefore extending the standby time of your pool.
In the event that the pool is inflated and left, before adding water, it is also ideal for preventing dust from accumulating inside the pool as well. The covers are designed to fit both the La Bassine Regular Pool as well as the La Bassine Professional Pool, so you can’t go wrong.